Institutional Strategic Plan
Strategic Plan of the Institution intends to achieve global standards by utilizing latest facilities, procuring newer equipment/devices, software and techniques. Institution has clear plans to work on a structured format with set goals strategies and time schedules. The ten identified areas of institutional GOALS for the IPSP are as follows:
Dayananda Sagar College of Dental Sciences has set the strategic goal of being one of the most sought-after teaching institutions and hospitals for oral health education and oral health care services in India, and sustaining the same in the next 5 years.
The Strategic Plan of the college for the period 2019-24 comprises of the following:
GOAL 1: IMPROVE TEACHING AND LEARNING QUALITY
- Institution strictly adheres to the curriculum put forth by Dental Council of India and Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences every year and there by achieve the student attributes and learning objectives and prepare the students for a successful career. The institution shall modify its curriculum as and when mandated by the regulatory bodies.
- Improving teaching learning methodologies there by making the entire process of learning student centered, and provide the necessary training and infrastructure to achieve 100% results in the next five years
- Adapt Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE), Objective Structured Practical Examination (OSPE) based evaluation in exams
- Include more problem-solving learning, patient centric and evidence-based learning, team teaching, creative teaching etc.
- To conduct several value-added courses, skill development programs, add-on programs, hands-on workshops, CDE, FDP programs every year with 50% student and faculty enrolment so as to achieve almost 100% in five years.
- In order to facilitate quality clinical training institution aims to improve out-patient numbers by 10% every year by providing comprehensive patient care. Treatments at the hospital is provided at subsidized cost and at times free of charge depending on their economic condition which not only improves patient inflow for clinical training of the students but also benefits the patients.
GOAL 2: RESEARCH, GRANTS AND PATENTS
- Encourage undergraduate student research and facilitate funding for the research project to achieve substantial amount of funded research projects in the next five years.
- Setup an intramural research fund for financing under-graduate, post-graduate and faculty research in the next 2-3 years.
- Seek sponsorship for scientific research work by mobilizing grants from government and non-governmental organizations, corporate agencies and philanthropists. Further expand and strengthen the tie-ups with other organizations and research centers.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to increase their intellectual output through quality research work and increasing their involvement in research.
- Promoting innovation and getting patency done for the innovative research products through conducting CDE programs and workshops.
- Establish a budget/fund for encouraging students and faculty in presenting their scientific work at state/national conferences and provide financial assistance to the faculty to publish their research in high impact journals.
- Improve the H-index of students and faculty by promoting publications in reputed International /National journals in five years.
GOAL 3: ACCREDITATIONS AND RECOGNITIONS
- The college aspires to be a bastion of dental education. To achieve this, the performance of the college has to be appraised, evaluated and recognized by government agencies like NAAC, NBA, NABH etc. Accordingly, the college submits itself for assessment and accreditation by NAAC with the determination of getting ‘A+’ grade in 2023.
- The ranking by National Institute of Ranking Network (NIRF) is of at-most importance in this regard since the college aims to be among the top 25 dental colleges in the country. The college is subjecting itself to be ranked by NIRF.
GOAL 4: SPORTS AND CULTURALS
- Institution encourages the students to participate in academic, cultural and sports activities at the state and national level and also provides special incentives for those representing in these events, which makes the institution distinguishable and discernable.
GOAL 5: FINANCE AND AUDITS
- Carry out academic, administrative audits regularly and deploy basic strategic plan for Institution’s progress.
GOAL 6: DIGITIZATION
- Going Digital, is the order of the day and also it is essential for quick and speedy decisions in the ever changing environment, digitization of the processes in a structured manner is also taken as one of the key elements of the strategic plan.
- Software for handling accounts, payrolls, expenditure, budgeting has been digitized. Dental Management System, Learning Management System, Store Management System, Fees Management System and Employment Management System is implemented in phased manner.
- Institution has planned to implement an ERP system which provides information about faculty profile, student attendance, alumni module etc. by 2023.
GOAL 7: CSR AND COMUNITY BASED OUT REACH PROGRAMS
- To provide comprehensive dental treatment to the community especially in the tribal and remote areas by conducting out-reach programs and cater to the oral health problems at their door step using mobile dental unit, providing services in public health centers and satellite clinics free of charge.
GOAL 8: CAREER GUIDANCE AND SKILL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES
- Programs on various other career options, opportunities abroad and in the research field are conducted for interns and postgraduate students every year and results of which is evident from our alumni being placed in various organizations in India and abroad.
- Students are also motivated to pursue their Master's, Doctoral and Post-doctoral degree in leading universities.
GOAL 9: STUDENT SUPPORT AND GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL
- Provide single window service for quick and robust online grievances redressal and further strengthen the peer-mentor system for the students.
- Bring-in comprehensive, holistic development in student’s personality and make them respectful, responsible citizens.
- Promote life-long learning attitude among students during their student life.
GOAL 10: ALUMNI CONNECT
- Strengthen the alumni engagement in the Institutional activities so they become brand ambassadors of the institution. Organize frequent alumni meets with maximum alumni involvement to motivate the upcoming juniors.
The progress and achievement of these goals are strictly monitored and reviewed periodically by the Principal, Vice Principal, Heads of the department and management on a regular basis.
These time bound goals constantly propel us towards excellence.