The Central Library of Dayananda Sagar College of Dental Sciences started in the year 1991 along with the commission of the college. The entire library block is situated in the second floor of the ‘Administrative and Pre-Clinical Block’ of the college. The library is well equipped with proper lighting and seating arrangements. It can accommodate comfortably more than 150 students at a time. It has an excellent ambience and provides easy access to required information. The system in the library is user friendly and provides a conducive atmosphere to read and learn.
Library has total collection of 4417 documents and it has also back volumes of journals, thesis, and non-book materials. Library has digital section to access e-resources. It is fully automated with LIBSOFT automation software.
Dayananda Sagar College of Dental Sciences Library aims to provide reliable and comprehensive information on right time to right users in right manner. It is well-equipped with elaborated collection of books, journals, and other resources to serve the various information needs of the students, faculty members, and its many users. The library is innovative and provides sustaining, stimulating learning environment for the students, staff, faculty, and patients by providing high quality services, facilities and information resources in all formats.
Providing high quality information, knowledge resources and tools that support clinical care, public health and research by investing in state-of-the-art systems that seamlessly integrate, retrieve, organize, analyze and preserve information.
- To fulfill the information needs of students and faculty.
- To be a center for the education of available and accessible literature related to dental and allied medical literature.
- To acquire information resources to match the present and future needs of the recipients.
The library is housed in 2nd floor of Administrative and Pre-Clinical Block (Floor space of 5200. sq. ft.). It has following sections.
- Books Circulation
- Reference Books
- Reading and Reference Room(UG/PG)
- Display and New Arrivals
- News Papers
- Property Counter
- Photo Copier
- Notice Board
- Digital Library
Rules and Regulations of the Library
- Library membership
- Reference service
- Lending service
- Digital library service
- Newspaper clippings service
- OPAC search service
- Reprographic service
- Readers are required to deposit their bags/belongings at the property counter before using library resources.
- Members should produce their ID card to the security/staff as and when asked for.
- Complete silence must be maintained. Using of mobile phone is banned.
- Underlining, scribbling and tearing of pages or disfiguring will be severely dealt with.
- Smoking and eatables are strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Necessary action will be taken by the competent authority against the users who are found misusing the services, facilities, amenities etc.
- Library is under video surveillance, if any person is found misusing the library services necessary action will be taken.
- The above mentioned rules are subject to periodical reviews and revisions.
- Users are requested to switch off their mobiles inside the library.