Offers Undergraduate Training, Post Graduate Training and Ph.D Course
CONSERVATIVE DENTISTRY AND ENDODONTICS is a highly specialized and precisely technical branch of dental sciences that focuses on the art and science of diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases and defects of the internal and external surface of teeth as well as the supporting hard and soft tissues. The aim and objective is to best retain and restore the normal form and function of teeth and enhance their esthetics. With the underlying dictum of PRIMUM NON NOCERE, the Department aims at PRESERVATION of the natural dentition and holistic patient care.
- The aim of this department is to improve the oral health of people and their general well-being.
- Encourage our students to achieve Academic excellence and train them to render excellent patient care.
- Instill a desire to innovate, perform research and promote extra-curricular activities.
- Provide a conducive learning environment to our students
- Motivate students to excel in academics and hone their clinical acumen and overall development.
- Provide best and speedy treatment to our patients
- To concentrate on research work, innovations, grants and publications.
PURVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT:
Our services include Diagnosis of defects of teeth, restoring decayed teeth, Cosmetic and aesthetic smile designing, Bleaching/whitening of teeth, Root canal treatment, Reconstruction of fractured teeth, closing spaces between teeth, altering shape, size and contour of teeth using Veneers and Crowns, Surgical treatment to retain severely damaged teeth.
We meet these goals by providing:
- Stimulating learning environment to our students
- We train our students to Diagnose and provide Comprehensive restorative clinical services- managing dental caries, traumatized teeth and other problems associated with tooth wear and tear.
- Conducting oral health research and other scholarly activity - we guide the students in acquiring skills to carry out research both in basic and clinical fields, getting their work published, presenting the same in scientific platforms.
- An additional goal of the department is to assure that the next generation of dentists will excel and are life-long learners- develop future leaders of the profession in educational research and organized dentistry.