Professional Enrichment Programme
The Department of Periodontics conducted Professional enrichment programme on 02-02-2019 at CD Sagar Auditorium, DSI. The programme promoted professional growth and provides knowledge, skill and resource needed for continued personal development to meet career objectives. It also promoted the co-operative efforts of its members with regard to the advancement of enhancing the science and practice of Periodontics. The programme was conducted in association with Indian Society of Periodontology(ISP), Bangalore Academy of Periodontology (BAP) and Indian Dental Association, Bengaluru Branch. The chief guest for the progamme was Dr.Kiran Kumar.N, Syndicate member, RGUHS and was Presided by Shri Galiswamy, Secretary, DSI.The Guest speaker for the programme was Dr.Kishore H.C, Reader, Krishnadevaraya Dental college, Bengaluru who spoke on “Scope for Periodontal Practice.. the road ahead.” The other speaker was Dr.Savita A.M who spoke on “Modern day approaches to Oral hygiene”, Professor and Head, Department of Periodontics, DSCDS.
- Research project on “Comparative evaluation of chitosan granules in the treatment of mandibular degree II furcation defects” – A randomised controlled split mouth multicentric trial
- Research project on “Effect of periodontal disease on heart rate variability”- An exploratory randomised controlled trial
- Research project on “Efficacy of ultrasonic scalingusing magnification loupes” – a split mouth randomized controlled clinical trial
- Presented paper on “Anterior Esthetic rehabilitation”: A multidisciplinary approach at 11th ISPRP conference held at Mangalore on 28-09-2018 to 30-09-2018
- Presented paper on “ Management of Endo-Perio lesion: A Case report at 11th ISPRP conference held at Mangalore on 28-09-2018 to 30-09-2018
First prize for paper presentation on “Anterior Esthetic rehabilitation”: A multidisciplinary approach at 11th ISPRP conference held at Mangalore on 28-09-2018 to 30-09-2018