Our institution places a high priority on research to transform new knowledge into clinical therapies that positively impact our understanding of oral disease and advance patient care.
Completed Research Projects:
2006 till date:
- Bite Force Evaluation In Patients Treated With Titanium Conventional Plating System And Titanium Locking Plating System For Mandibular Fractures.
- Platelet Rich Plasma Enriched Autograft, Xenograft in Implant Surgery: A Clinical and Radiological Evaluation.
- The Influence of Stress Distribution In Four Different Fixation Systems Used In The Treatment Of Mandibular Angle Fractures - A 3 Dimensional Finite Element Study.
- A Comparative Study of Cryosurgery and CO2 Laser Surgery In The Treatment Of Oral Pre-Malignant Lesions.
- Tissue Response to Stainless Steel and Titanium Mini Plates Used In Maxillofacial Trauma - A Transmission Electron Microscopic Study.
- Alveolar Distraction Osteogenesis - Analysis of 10 Cases.
- Effect of Nicotine on Bone Healing in Rats - A Histological Study.
- Effect of Botulinum Toxin - A, in Mysofascial Pain Patients with or without Functional Disc Displacement.
- Healing pattern of Bone Regeneration in Maxillary Sinus Lift Procedure with and without Platelet Rich Plasma in Rabbits - A Histochemical and Histomorphometric Study.
- Reliability Of Cone Beam Computed Tomography In Comparison With Panoramic Radiography In Evaluating The Anatomical Relationship Of Inferior Alveolar Nerve With The Mandibular Third Molar - A Radiological And Clinical Study.
- Qualitative And Quantitative Analysis Of Bone Formation In The Peri-Implant Defects Grafted With Polycaprolactone (PCL) Alloplast Enriched With Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF) - A Clinical And Radiological Study.
- Comparison of Analgesic Efficacy of Tramadol and Tapentadol in Impacted Mandibular Third Molar Surgery - A Randomized Double Blinded Clinical Study.
- A Comparative Clinical And Radiological Analysis To Correlate The Bone Density And Primary Implant Stability Using Cone Beam Computerized Tomography And Insertion Torque.
- A Clinico-Radiographic Evaluation Of Wound Healing And Bone Formation After Surgical Removal Of Impacted Third Molars Using Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF) And PRF Impregnated With 2% Metronidazole.
- Comparative Evaluation Of Efficacy Of Platelet Rich Plasma And Platelet Rich Fibrin Combined With Bone Graft In Regeneration Of Bone In Peri-Implant Defects - A Qualitative And Quantitative Study Using Cone Beam Computed Tomography.
- Evaluation Of Anxiety Induced Cardio-Vascular Response In Known Hypertensive Patients Undergoing Exodontias - A Prospective Study.
- A Comparative Evaluation: Oral Leukoplakia Surgical Management Using Diode Laser, CO2 Laser, And Cryosurgery
- Evaluation Of Pulmonary Function And Arterial Oxygen Saturation In Asthmatic Patients Undergoing Minor Oral Surgical Procedures.
- A Double Blinded Comparative Evaluation Of Therapeutic Efficacy Of Combination Of(Trypsin, Bromelain, Rutoside) With Diclofenac Sodium And Placebo In Impacted Third Molar Surgery - A Clinical Study.
- Evaluation Of Bone Healing And Ridge Preservation In Mandibular And Maxillary Extraction Socket Following Bone Grafting With Platelet Rich Plasma And Platelet Rich Fibrin - A Clinical And Radiological Study.
Ongoing Research Projects:
- Efficacy Of Platelet Rich Fibrin Versus Chitosan As A Hemostatic Agent Following Dental Extraction In Patients On Anti-Platelet Therapy - A Clinical Study.
- Demineralized Freeze Dried Bone Matrix With PRF And Hydroxyapatite Graft With PRF, As Ridge Preservatives Following Exodontia - A Comparative Clinical And Radiological Study.
- Comparative Evaluation of The Influence of Flap Designs Versus Flapless Technique On Pain, Inflammation And Inter-Proximal Crestal Bone Loss Around Single Tooth Dental Implants.
- Awareness of Needle-prick injuries and its management amongst Dentists in Dental Colleges including Faculty, Post Graduate Students and Interns in Bangalore.
Completed Post Doctoral (PhD) Research Projects:
- Psychological Sequelae of Facial Injuries (Doctoral Research Work) - Dr.Prashanth N T
- Analysis of Stress and Energy Fields in Craniofacial Fractures Using Different Fixative Techniques - A Finite Element Approach (Doctoral Research Work) - Dr.Shobha E S