International Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon’s Day
International Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon’s Day is to celebrate the contributions of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons in making the society around the world and to raise the profile of the specialty.
On 13th February 2019, Annual Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon's day was organised by collaboration of Departments of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery of various colleges of Karnataka and AOMSI at Majestic Metro Rail Station. On occasion of this celebration, a rally was conducted and awareness campaign regarding road safety with the help of various placards, posters and banners which were in simple and understandable language and in pictorial form.
A flash mob was also organised and the importance of use of helmets were explained. The local police showed an active participation in the program and was an integral part of the program. By the help of the police, the bikers which included general public not wearing helmet were stopped and were counseled regarding the benefits of use of helmets and the dangers of not using the same.
The whole program lasted for 3 to 4 hours in the daytime. Professors and Head of the departments of Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery of various colleges and faculties were invited and were the most integral part of this program. Their active participation made it a huge success as lot of people of the locality were made aware of the road safety. The awareness messages were delivered to the general public by the help of Post
Graduate students of Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery as well as the interns of the respective departments.
- The Department conducted a CDE PROGRAM on Oral Cancers in association with Narayana Health and Mazumdar-Shaw Cancer Institute, Bangalore on 06th December 2018 at the C.D.Sagar Auditorium, Dayananda Sagar Institutions Campus – 1, Kumaraswamy Layout, Bangalore which was well attended by over 220 Delegates, Faculties, Interns and Post Graduate Students.
- The Department which is a part of the Implantology Department, will be organizing an Implantology Workshop in early 2019 (Details will be hosted soon)
- and Head of Department, Dr.Shobha E S delivered a lecture on the ‘Importance of the Post Graduate Dissertation’ at the Post Graduate Orientation Program held on June 06th 2018.
- The Department conducted a CDE Program and Hands-On Workshop on Dental Implants in association with Departments of Prosthodontics, Oral Medicine and Radiology and Periodontics. (January 2018)
- The Department conducted its Annual BLS Training Program and workshop in association with Department of Emergency Medicine, Apollo Hospitals. (March 2018)
- The Department conducted a CDE Program and Hands-On Workshop on Dental LASERS in association with Departments of Oral Medicine and Radiology and Periodontics. (April 2018)
- Clinico-Pathological Meets will be held on the Last Wednesday of the month between 2-3pm. All those interested, may attend.