Department Academic and Didactic Activities:
Atthe Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery & Implantology, Post Graduate students are involved in a number of educational activities. A weekly Schedule of Seminars and presentations are held on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays in the forenoon sessions.
Maxillofacial Journal Club meets two to three times per month on Tuesday or Thursday afternoons.
Case presentations are done one day after the case is reviewed in the Department.
- Removal/ Extraction of Teeth
- Complicated tooth extractions
- Minor Oral Surgery
- Pre-prosthetic Surgery
- Maxillofacial trauma
- Maxillofacial pathologies
- Orthognathic Surgeries
- Dental Implant rehabilitation
- Full mouth rehabilitations
- Reconstructive Maxillofacial surgery
Over the years, the Department has hosted several Continuing Dental Education programs and workshops for the benefit of in house personnel and also open to Post Graduate trainees and private practitioners. The department continuously strives to provide up to date clinical and practical knowledge to students undertaking Under Graduate and Post Graduate degrees as well as for Faculty who are interested in current trends. Some of the programs conducted in the near past are herein listed:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and AED training (Done annually) in association with the American Heart Association and Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore.
- LASERS in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Comprehensive Dental Implantsand Hands-On Workshop (Done annually)
- Maxillofacial Symposiums – For Trainees
- Craniofacial Trauma and Neurological Disorders