Oral Pathology: At Crossroads
The Department of Oral Pathology & Microbiology conducted a Continuing Dental Education Programme titled “Oral Pathology: At Crossroads” on the 19th of February, 2019 at the Dr. D Premachandra Sagar Auditorium & Centre for Performing Arts, Dayananada Sagar Institution campus.
The event was a highly successful one which saw participation from almost all the colleges in Bangalore with the number of registered delegates numbering upto almost 500 for the day. The event was presided over by Shri.Galiswamy, Secretary, DSI and was organized by Dr. Krishnanand PS, Professor & Head, Department of Oral Pathology, DSCDS. The entire event was conducted under the Chairmanship of Dr. Hemanth. M, Principal DSCDS. The Chief Guest for the event was Dr. Rajakumar Alle, President, Karnataka State Dental Council (KSDC).
The one day CDE programme, envisioned to discuss & deliberate the setting of a clear future path for the specialty of Oral Pathology, also witnessed the Inauguration of the Bangalore Society of Oral Pathologists for Oral Cancer (BSOPOC) of which Dr. Krishnanand PS is the Secretary. It is a registered body formed by the city’s Oral Pathologists who have come together to address the raising concerns of Oral Cancer which is a very prevalent but much less addressed health concern of magnanimous proportions & create public awareness regarding the same.
The programme witnessed scientific talks by speakers of immense repute like Dr. Vishal Rao, an acclaimed Consultant Head & Neck Onco-surgeon & a celebrated TEDx speaker. The gathering was also addressed by Dr. Raghu Radhakrishnan, the Director for International Collaborations & Research, Manipal Academy of Higher Education. Even NGOs like Karnataka Cancer Society were involved in the day’s deliberations. The afternoon session saw a very interesting Panel Discussion conducted for the benefit of the student community in which all the city colleges’ Heads of the Departments took part as Panellists & Moderators.
The CDE program also marked the very first time such an event was broadcast live to a larger audience online by streaming it live as a “Webinar”.
BOOT CAMP FOR MASTER TRAINERS
Dr.S.Sacchidananda, Honorable Vice Chancellor of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences with participants of the ‘Boot Camp for Master Trainers’ held in December 2018.
Dr. Sangeetha R, Reader, Department of Oral Pathology, DSCDS attended this program which was a three day intense session conducted to provide the professional support to evolve as an independent trainer in Health Professionals’ Education.
Dr. SANGEETHA R
- Certificate course:
- Dr. Sangeetha R. Roll No. NPTEL 18HS30S21151924 completed certificate course on Developing soft skills and personality. NPTEL online certification Indian institute of technology. Funded by the Ministry of HRD, Govt of india.
- Dr. Sangeetha R. Certified trainer on Memory filing system. Guided by Dr. G Francis Xavier, TAP international institute.
- Poster presentation :
- Dr.Sangeetha R presented a poster on “Microscopic structural patterns of compound odontoma using Digital Microscope” at International Digital Conference, 3rd – 5th August 2018, Nimhans convention centre, Bangalore.
Dr. VIDYA M A
- Immunohistochemical study of alpha‑smooth muscle actin in odontogenic cysts and tumors Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology 2018; 22 (2):188.
- Paper presentation:
- Dr.Vidya MA presented a paper on ‘Alpha smooth muscle actin expression in odontogenic cysts and tumors - An Immunohistochemical study ‘at XXVII National IAOMP Conference held at Amritsar from 16th to 18th November 2018.