Department Awards/ Achievements/ Accolades and highlights
- Fellowship in Forensic Odontology
- Fellowship in Oral implantology
- Principal Investigator in a RGUHS funded Scientific Research Study
- Co-Investigator in a collaborative study on Oral Premalignancy with Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research & Education in Cancer (ACTREC), Tata Memorial Centre (TMC), Mumbai.
- Kruthi and NIharika got 1st prize in poster presentation presented at Quest 2018 IDEA in collaboration with CIDS , Virajpet
- Hemanth , Gokul , kishen, Raksha, Nairuthya got 3rd prize in collage competition at Quest 2018
- Our students participated in various events like Tooth and anomaly carving, Oral histology and Pathology diagrams and Quiz in DADH and Oral Pathology at UG state level conference held at CODS, Davangere and fetched many prizes.
- Sangeetha R, University 2nd rank (RGUHS - MDS) Year-2010
- Sangeetha R, Resource person for the induction program on Educational Methodology and Innovative methods of Teaching.
- Dr.Sangeetha R,Chairperson for Scientific session at National and International conferences.
- Sangeetha R got session best paper award in staff paper category: ‘Reagent free H & E staining method’ paper presented at IAOMFP conference held at Bangalore, November 2014.
- Abhishek J got 1st prize for paper presentation at 15th National Conference of IAFO, India
- Abhishek J got 1st prize for poster presentation at 10th National PG Convention, IAOMP, India.
- Abhishek J working as a member to the Board of Faculty of Dentistry in the Assistant Professor Category.
- Abhishek J completed Implant preceptorship program certificate at American Academy of Implant Dentistry at New jersey ,USA in 2017
- Dr.Vidya MA appointed as coordinator of DSCDS from IDA for National oral cancer registry (NOCR) 2018.
- Sangeetha R, Dr. Abhishek J and Dr Vidya MA. Reviewers of Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, (PUBMED Indexed), the official publication of the Indian Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology.
Department Initiatives :
Divya Babu - Gender determination in orthopantomographs, utilizing mandibular ramus parameters
- Kruthi MS and Niharika RV - Role of Genes in the Development of Enamel and Dentine and its Clinical Implications – A Review ( 1st prize)
- Hithesh N and Bharath N- Non – Syndromic Familial Hypodontia – A Case Report
- Dhrishya and Karthika bijumohan - Ground section of teeth
- Veluri Jahnavi and likitha - Saliva as diagnostic tool
- Zuwaina khan - Characteristic radiographic appearance
- Harsha Mohandas and Chaithanya- Differential diagnosis of white lesions
Gokul K, S Hemanth Kumar, Kishen, Nairuthya and Raksha (IIIrd Prize)
Chiraag.S, Manu.K and Arvind.S. Patil
Soujas Renukuntla, Karma K.P, Vijay Singh Jadoun, Arshiya Kauser A and Minu Kumari
State level Competition Davangere
Histology diagram competition
Kajal ( 2nd prize)
Dr. Tapati Biswas, Dr.Thooloka Sunil and Anjana ( 1st prize )
Forensic Odontology conference
- Karan Hiral Mehta – Role of Dental Implants in Forensic Identification –A Review
- Pavithra Prabakaran –Role of Forensic odontology in Child abuse
- Mathew Thomas – Role of CBCT in forensic Odontology
- Pallavi Mukherjee and Gunapriya PV – Forensic Odontology –A tool in disaster victim identification
- Ritika Pundir – Cheiloscopy – a unique forensic tool
Staff Scientific Presentations
- Ameloblastoma in Disguise. Presented at the VIII National PG Convention of IAOMP held at Wardha on June 2008.
- Lasers in Oral Pathology. Presented at 2nd National Conference of Society for Lasers Applications held at Bangalore on 2008.
- Comparison of Normal Teeth with Odontoma using Compound and Polarized Microscope. Presented at XVII National Conference of IAOMP at Kolkota on Dec 2008.
- Decalcification: A shift to microwave from routine methods. Presented at XX National Conference of IAOMP at Hyderabad on Nov 2011.
- Student Peer Assisted Learning – A Novel Approach to improve Tooth Carving Skills. Presented at 1st National Conference on Dental Health Professions Education held at Bengaluru on May 30 – 31 2013.
- The Impact of Internet on the Physician - Patient Relationship. Presented at the ‘Youth against Cancer’ International Symposium organized by Carcinogenesis Foundation (USA) and Narain Sewa Sansthan held at Bangalore on August 2013.
- ‘Flow chart on tobacco control’. Presented at KLEs dental college on Antitobacco day in May 2014.
- ‘Enhancing traditional mentoring with student peer - assisted mentoring’. Presented at FDI World Congress held at Delhi, Sept 2014.
- 9.‘Reagent free H & E staining method’ paper presented at XXIII National conference of IAOMP conference held at Bangalore, November 2014.
- ‘Smoking Kills Smoking Thrills’ Poster presented at IDA Bangalore branch and KLE institute of Dental Sciences on “World No Tobacco Day’ on May 2014
- ‘Lymph nodes in oral squamous cell carcinoma’. Presented at the XIII National OOO symposium held at bangalore in march 2015
- Role of dental implants in forensic identification – A review. Presented at the 13th National Conference of Indian Association of Forensic Odontology held at Mysuru in september 2015.
- Microwave H and E staining Poster presented at Dentistry 2016 held at Nimhans Convention centre Bangalore in september 2016.
- Glandular Odontogenic Cyst- A Case Report Poster as a Co – Author presented at Dentistry 2016 held at Nimhans Convention centre Bangalore in september 2016.
- Histological patterns of Lymphnodes in neck dissections of Oral SCC poster presented at 6th World Congress International Academy of Oral Oncology at Bengaluru in May 2017.
- Crime Scene Investigation – Bitemark Documentation Guidelines as a Co –Author Presented at 15th National conference of The Indian Association of Forensic Odontology held at Bengaluru in Sept 2017.
- Role of Bite marks in Personal identification at IAFO conference-2017
- A clinico- pathological study of 30 cases of oral irritation fibroma- an institutional experience at 20th National conference of IAOMP 2011, Hyderabad