We impart the highest standards of training to our students not only in diagnosis and treatment of patients, but also lay great emphasis on patient management and communication skills. The graduates and post graduates are familiar with minimally invasive and modern concepts of treatment modalities in Restorative, Cosmetic dentistry and Endodontics. Different student-friendly methods of teaching like quiz, group discussion, seminars, debates and symposiums are incorporated into the teaching methodology.
I) UNDER GRADUATE TRAINING PROGRAM
Includes both didactic and hands- on training which is done in two phases- preclinical and clinical.
PRE-CLINICAL TRAINING FOR I AND II YEAR UNDER-GRADUATE STUDENTS
The students are trained in
- Basic principles of cavity preparation for various restorative materials on typhodonts (artificial) and natural extracted teeth.
- Project related to basic concepts (posters, models etc)
CLINICAL POSTING FOR 3RD AND 4TH YEAR UNDER GRADUATE STUDENTS
- Patient management skills like taking chair- side case history, examining the patient and performing dental diagnostic procedure, interpreting the diagnosis, making treatment decisions and communicating it to the patients.
- Restorations for various cavity designs - cement, silver and tooth colored fillings
- Deep caries excavation followed by pulpal therapy.
- Anterior Root Canal Therapy
- Demonstrations of complex restorative and endodontic treatment procedures
- Class Room lectures, assignments, Quiz, group discussions, symposium, and debates.
- ASSESSMENT PROGRAMME- Periodic viva and exams are conducted to assess the progress of the students before they appear for the final university examinations.
II) POST GRADUATE TRAINING
- Seminars, Journal clubs, Case presentations & discussions, Dissertation work, Library dissertation
- Pre clinical training – 6 months
History taking, Diagnosis, Examination, Treatment planning
Patient management skills
Procedural skills focusing on management of dental caries, management of traumatized teeth, managing non carious destruction of teeth, Comprehensive smile designing and enhancement and full mouth rehabilitation following evidence based and minimally invasive principles.
- Amalgam Restorations
- Direct Composite restorations.
- GIC restorations
- Direct and Indirect Veneer and other esthetic procedures
- Bleaching of teeth
- Crowns(metal, porcelain fused to metal and all ceramic) including Post -core and crowns
- Indirect tooth coloured restoration (Composite, ceramic and metal Inlays and Onlays)
- Root canal treatment
- Endodontic surgeries
- Splinting-reattachment of fractured teeth
- Apexification, Apexogenesis, Regenerative therapy
- Esthetic and Full mouth rehabilitation with multidisciplinary approach
- Short study
- SCIENTIFIC PRESENTATIONS IN CONFERENCES AND PUBLICATIONS are mandatory for all post graduates who will be encouraged, guided and trained to present a minimum of 4 scientific presentations and 2 publications during their tenure.
III) Ph D PROGRAMME
Recognized Ph.d center (RGUHS) with a recognized Phd guide.
Two reports to be sent per year.
SCIENTIFIC PRESENTATIONS IN CONFERENCES AND PUBLICATIONS are mandatory. Students will be encouraged, guided and trained to present a minimum of 4 scientific presentations and 5 publications during their tenure